To provide a range of general and clinical administrative support to the drug and alcohol service, ensuring the service is able to operate efficiently and effectively on a day-to-day basis.
Act as the first point of contact for visitors to the service and coordinate timely responses to enquiries made via telephone, email, text, and website.
Working hours are 37 hours per week (Monday – Friday) with a requirement to work 11am to 7pm on Thursdays on a rota basis.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the effective running of Barnsley Recovery Steps Reception, Single Point of Contact, Clinical and General Administrative duties
- To develop an understanding of the processes and adhering to the policies of working with controlled drugs prescriptions
- To identify, facilitate and organise use of satellite sites for service provision in the specified area
- Maintain electronic and manual appointment systems
- To ensure a high standard of accuracy for data entry, using a computerised recording systems and packages such as Excel, Access and other databases within the required deadlines
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and external agencies
- To lead on the coordination of room bookings, including preparation of meeting/training room and organisation of refreshments as requested
- To attend meetings and take minutes when required
- Understand audit requirements and the need to ensure information is collected and recorded in accordance with audit requirements
- Understand and be able to work to a quality assurance system
- Understand performance indicators within the agencies and assist with the collection and presenting of data, which provides evidence that performance indicators have been met
- To be responsible for good housekeeping, ensuring that equipment, stock levels and general stationery supplies are maintained at an adequate level
- To act as first point of contact to service users and other visitors
- To staff reception and field queries from service users, families and partner agencies
In carrying out the above duties the post holder will:
- Operate within the company policies in relation to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, Violence in the Workplace, Confidentiality, within Humankind’s Charter of Service Standards and Quality Assurance System
- Understand the need for adhering to confidentiality and professional boundaries at all times
- To assist the team in the coordination and development of events and specific projects
- To identify own development needs with your line manager and opportunities for meeting those development needs, including implementing and reviewing your personal development plan with your line manager
- Work flexibly across operational sites as required
- Work flexibly within an agreed number of hours of work to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision, including evenings and weekends
- Seek to improve personal performance, contribution, knowledge and skills
- Participate in appraisal, supervision and Learning & Development processes
- Ensure the implementation of all Humankind policies
- Contribute to maintaining safe systems of work and a safe environment
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post
Person Specification – Essential Criteria:
- NVQ 2 in business administration (or equivalent) or demonstrable related experience
- Previous experience in a customer facing administrative role, ideally within a healthcare setting
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to engage empathically and professionally with clients, professionals and the wider public
- Administrative skills, including experience of working within electronic monitoring and recording systems
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills
- Ability to manage work activities to meet organisational objectives
- Good timekeeper, able to work autonomously and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to collate and disseminate information
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Experience in cash handling, petty cash reconciliation and generic admin duties
Person Specification – Desirable Criteria:
Candidates will be recruited within the advertised range, please did not automatically expect initial recruitment to be at the top end, as this will depend on experience and enables progression in role through the Humankind development process.
- Knowledge of quality systems and audit requirements
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you provide on your application form. We will contact shortlisted candidates by email to confirm the arrangements for interview. Please check your email inbox after the closing date for notification as you will not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk folder.
Due to the current restrictions as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, interviews will be via Microsoft Teams or Zoom.